Friday, December 23, 2011

busy season


It's Christmas Eve tomorrow already! We all know the holidays are busy, but that doesn't mean my wife has been too busy to be perfect through it all. Maybe I'll quickly backtrack through a few of our recent days using the Advent House Calendar (because I watched my favorite holiday movie, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, just a few days ago.)


Dec 9th - I'm working at the computer, and my wife brings me a dish of gingersnap pumpkin homemade ice cream. Divine. I know it's hard to imagine a creamy, gingery, pumpkiny flavor, but just believe me when I say it's divine.




Dec 11th - Apparently with no time to lose, I find my wife making a calzone while still wearing her designer boots after being out Christmas shopping for the day. This dinner definitely wasn't made in haste however, as it was delicious. We gobbled it up in full by the both of us (mostly me).




Dec 18th - She makes orange scones for a Sunday breakfast. AMAZING. Soft, moist and very flavorful. She has become very good at making them, no doubt.




Dec 20th - My wife made cookies for a few of her coworkers. In addition to being soft and tasty, they are of course wrapped cutely with little jingle bells. She has also made both almond and peppermint brittle this season, but it's completely gone and not able to participate in this blog.




Dec 23rd - This morning a homemade loaf of delectable oatmeal banana cranberry bread is served for breakfast. A light dusting of snow is finally falling, just in time for Christmas. The tree lights are shining, presents are wrapped, and life is good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally drooling over the cranberry banana bread! Unfortunately I just found out I have a delayed allergic reaction to a number of foods I love including cranberries and bananas!!
    Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete