Tuesday, July 5, 2011

fun 4th and 5th

I hope everyone had a fun 4th of July weekend. I know I did. (too much fun) I didn't even get a chance to take all of the pictures I wanted I was having so much fun. As expected there were delicious treats galore, like a triple berry gallete served with homemade vanilla ice cream (indescribably good), and chocolate-dipped Rice Krispie bars with sprinkles on a stick in fun packaging!


The fun didn't stop with the fireworks though. I can usually count on July 5th for fun food as well, and sure enough, today my wife made root beer floats to go with homemade pizza. I always eat/drink my ice cream/root beer too fast and get too full right away. Argghh! This pizza was really really good though. It had a crispier crust than I typically have. I'm told it's from Jim Lahey's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment