Tuesday, May 17, 2011

late night toffee and chocolate chip

I told my wife yesterday that whatever she was planning on making for dinner, to just tell me and let me do it. (Honestly, she's a kitchen hog sometimes)

She emailed me that she was making a mix of these two things: enchilada 1 & enchilada 2. I figured I could handle that, but sure enough she had already started making them by the time I arrived home (she gets home a half-hour before me from work).

At any rate, I LOVED these. The sweet potato is a great taste in this dish. I need to keep a running "top 5 dish" list, so that I can try and figure out what is in it, because this one is definitely a contender.

Come to think of it, I also need to keep a "top 5 cookie" list, because the cookies my wife made last night were also right up there for sure. At 10pm, right before bed, she whips up a batch of fantastic cookies, and serves them up with a shot of milk. "Hmmmmm," I say. "What's in these?" The extra ingredient she tells me is toffee. So good, who cares what time of night it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment