Friday, April 22, 2011

'very' good friday


It has been a few months since we gorged ourselves with a simple delectable meat/cheese/fruit tray. Since today was a holiday, we decided we were due. It is AMAZING to me how the different combinations of tomatoes, cheeses (brie, cheddar, mozzarella), Nutella, raspberry jam, strawberries, prosciutto, salami, bread and crackers can bring to life so many taste buds, especially washed down with some mid-day merlot. Both my wife and I think we found a favorite combination however- the brie cheese and raspberry jam compliment each other so well spread on a hunk of bread. I almost couldn't stop, seriously.

2 comments:

  1. If you can get hold of chilli jam (or if your perfect wife could find a recipe!), it goes beautifully with brie :o)

    Still loving the romanticism of your blog, and although she will no doubt be a little embarrassed when you eventually tell her about it, I have no doubt that your wife will be overcome with emotion at your gesture. Keep up the good work :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip and for the vote of confidence! I started this blog last June on our anniversary, so I figured I'd tell her this coming June to make it a full year. Which will be a relief! And yes, she indeed will be embarrassed. :)

    ReplyDelete