Thursday, January 20, 2011

loving daughter-in-law

My wife and I are having my family over for dinner tomorrow to celebrate my mom's birthday. I've been assisting my wife in the kitchen for the last four hours as she's been preparing a bolognese sauce for a lasagna main course and a super fun birthday cake for dessert. I made one of my favorite appetizers, asparagus wrapped with cream cheese and prosciutto.


But, the cake takes .. the cake. Eight layers of different colors, all made using just two 6" cake pans. (quite a slow process) And white chocolate frosting tops it all off.

Once again
, my wife puts more time and effort into making a fun event than anyone I know.


We had to laugh though because we had to remove a shelf from our fridge because it's so tall!

No comments:

Post a Comment