Friday, December 24, 2010

beautiful wrapping


When I was a kid I tore into my presents, discarding the wrapping paper to the side, anxiously trying to find what might be inside. And I recall grandma opening her presents ever so carefully, always saying "Oh, the wrapping paper is just so pretty I don't want to rip it." I always thought she was crazy.


But now I find myself thinking the same thing as grandma as I open my wife's gifts. Everyone loves opening her presents because they're so wonderfully wrapped with bows made from paper, flowers made from felt, buttons tangled in red wire, and tagged with thoughtfulness and special attention.


I could say that maybe I'm just getting older and appreciating gift wrapping more, but I think it really has to do with the fact that my wife's wrapping shows more care and detail than any I've ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment