Friday, October 1, 2010

baked oatmeal


We can now add "baked oatmeal" to the list of foods my wife has made perfectly. I didn't know you could bake your own oatmeal. Leave it to her to find out that you can though. I found the recipe she used on joythebaker.com. I came home last night to the scent of cinnamon and baked goods, and I instantly knew that goods things had happened in the apartment while I was gone. Sure enough, a loaf of baked oatmeal sat cooling on the oven. At the time I didn't know what it was or what do even do with it. My wife instructed me the next morning to scoop some out of the bread pan into a bowl, heat it up just a bit, pour in a little milk and add some raspberries. It was a great change of pace for breakfast instead of the kids' cereal my wife teases me about eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment