Monday, September 20, 2010

Roasted French Chicken and an Apple Tart


Another superb dinner was in the making earlier this evening, as my wife found a recipe for roasted chicken and vegetables. She had been excited to make this all week long. The chicken was stuffed with garlic and thyme, and the vegetables on the side included carrots, onions and fennel. And now I get to eat chicken sandwiches for lunch using the leftovers which is my absolute favorite sandwich.




A meal wouldn't be complete without dessert in this family of two, and today she made a crisp, sweet, perfect-for-fall-time apple tart. Trying to dig up the source, I asked where she got the recipe from, but her reply was simply "from my recipe box."


I almost forgot, while I sat in the kitchen and visited with her while she cooked I prepared my belly with an appetizer that simply comprised of cream cheese paired with jalapeno jam spread over crackers. A great little snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment