Saturday, August 7, 2010

antique fair and farming


My wife and I spent the day with her parents, first to antique fair that was more fun than I thought it would be. Watching people scour over all of the piles of junk was quite entertaining. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy finding hidden gems as much as the next person, but it just wasn't quite the same type of rummaging that you'd find at a Paris flee market, for example. More nick knacks and old toys than furniture or potential decorating pieces. All the same, it was fun to watch and see what my wife was interested in, and what she passed by. We went home with nothing at the end of the day.


Afterward, we plopped down the porch at her parents' farm for a relaxing cocktail, followed by delicious garden variety snacks. My wife cut up mozzarella to be combined with fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions, and sweet corn for homemade salsa and bruschetta.


That evening we took a long walk down the lane through the fields behind the farm. The day was a hot one, but cooled down to the perfect temperature for the stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment