Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday morning scones


I've been telling my wife that I found a deli in the city called Allie's that makes the best scones I've ever had. They are so moist and flavorful in contrast to the dry and chalky scones I typically have eaten. So of course my wife's curiosity around making a good scone is piqued, and she attempted her first ever batch with Smitten Kitchen's recipe with blueberries instead of cranberries last night for this morning's light breakfast.

I told her they are the best scones I've ever had- after Allie's. I won't be surprised if she tries again soon to perfect her scone making abilities.

They were very good though all the same, so good I almost ate them all before remembering to snap a picture of the last half of the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment