Thursday, June 24, 2010

French picnic


This evening my wife incorporated some French influences into our picnic in the park, as we returned from a trip to Cairo and Paris only a couple of weeks ago and felt like reliving our lazy French picnics. We love the simplicity of bread, meat, cheese, fruit, sweets and wine common in French fare. (I decided I'm not going to be afraid to have some wine in public parks, as the French do, if I feel so inclined) The baguette didn't compare to the Parisian version, but it was tasty nonetheless.

My wife's grandfather passed away earlier this week. She was quite close to him, and we had visited him in the hospital most days since we returned from our trip. These last couple of weeks have been sad, so this little picnic was a nice way to get back into the groove of our own summer evenings together and remember our wonderful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment